Corporate Benefit Program
Family caregiving can take a toll on employees caring for their parents. The high stress of family caregiving frequently results in employees taking extensive time off work, reduced hours, declining of promotions or new assignments, or leaving the workforce entirely. This essentially amounts to a hidden second career that likely is concealed from employers. Employees often subsequently suffer from physical and mental health issues. The results are increased healthcare claims, valuable employee turnover costs, and overall loss of productivity which can affect activity across the organization.
StarLight CareGivers is pleased to support your organization with a free employee benefit discount referral program geared toward maintaining and retaining key staff and catering to their well-being. Options include either a straight discount for employee referrals (at no cost to the company/organization); or an employee benefit package where employers cover some or all of the cost for StarLight services (at a larger discount).
Both programs include several free platforms to help educate employees including on-site presentations at your facility, collateral for your intranet, and a full complement of award-winning web-based family caregiver training tools. StarLight also offers a unique web-based care portal where family can review daily care notes to stay informed no matter if they are traveling for business across the world or simply at the office across town and unable to visit.
Employees will receive a free no obligation in home client assessment where StarLight will derive a comprehensive custom care plan based on specific needs of the client. Services provided are all non-medical related. If medical care is needed in the home, a doctor will prescribe a nurse or health care aide to perform those specific activities, which is usually a short visit, and Starlight manages the care the remainder of the time.
A quick summary of type of services we provide include, but are not limited to:
- Companionship care – Like reading, crafts, playing games or enjoying a meal together
- Personal care – Daily living tasks like bathing, grooming and dressing
- Day surgery support – transportation and post-surgical monitoring, concierge service
- Medication reminders – We assist to make sure our clients take medications at the right time
- Respite care for family members – Caring for loved ones can be a full-time job, so let us free up some time
- Respite service – We work with Hospice agencies and supplement skilled nursing with non-medical home care
- Light housekeeping – Vacuuming, dusting, organizing, dishes, and more
- Meal planning and preparation – Our trained CareGivers encourage a healthy diet and help to ensure proper nutrition
- Shopping/Errands – Going to the bank, hairdresser, the grocery store or picking up a prescription, we make the simple tasks less of a burden
- Transportation – We help our Clients get where they need to be, such as doctor appointments, events, meetings and religious services
- Fall precaution care – Falls are a threat to the safety and independence of older adults and a leading cause of injury, we help make and keep the home safe
- Range of motion/walking assistance – After an injury, or to just to help get around
Why choose StarLight CareGivers?
Our caregivers are our direct employees, not contractors. They are fully insured, including workers compensation and liability insurance, and they are bonded by us. StarLight is also responsible for all caregiver benefits, tax withholding, and employer contributions for federal and state unemployment insurance. This totally protects clients and places full responsibility on the agency. Do not be misled by a registry service that may send unqualified, un-insured strangers into your loved one’s home and you end up becoming the employer assuming all the liabilities.
We differentiate from other home care services by selecting only the best and experienced caregivers, and that means roughly 5 percent of applicants are hired, most of which are certified nurse assistants (CNA) or certified home health aides (CHHA). A rigorous 12-step interview process focuses on both personality and qualifications combined. This process includes hiring only experienced caregivers, training and re-training to our standards, checking references, doing national criminal background checks, reviewing driving records and proof of auto insurance, drug testing, screening for tuberculosis (TB), and fingerprinting. We also provide our caregivers with continuous education on the latest developments in elder care.
We can help businesses and other organizations to retain employees and make them comfortable knowing their loved ones are safe and well cared for while at work. Servicing the entire Bay Area, StarLight CareGivers is an independently owned full service agency located on the San Francisco Peninsula (Palo Alto) and is deeply honored for the opportunity to work with seniors and the disabled in our community. We strive to deliver client-centered care and understand that our ultimate success is dependent upon client satisfaction and delivering high-quality home care.
Whether care is needed once a week, partial days, whole days, or every day, StarLight CareGivers is dedicated to providing the highest quality, cost-effective home care solutions so that our clients may enjoy their independence, enhance their quality of life, and bring peace of mind to the entire family.
Call for more details. 650-600-8108.